
The most noteworthy sight of the trip was the Coloradan (sp?!) RV dealership offering $10,000 gas cards on select models. Also interesting was the distinct lack of bugs on the windshield. Perhaps global warming is killing more than just bees?!?! (*tongue in cheek*)
As always, Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats are white and crispy. I don't know if you've ever been, but it's the flattest place in the States (beat that, Kansas!) and it stretches for miles and miles. The litter also stretches for miles. Last night I noticed lots of beer bottles glinting in the setting sun. People clearly go out to the flats to party and drive their cars around in the salt--there are track marks winding all over the salt--and then someone decides to take a bunch of the beer bottles and arrange them into messages in the sand. Good times.
P.S. Nevada is the most rejected piece of land between Utah and California. You can't do anything lucrative with it but put casinos on it. I don't know the history of the state borders, but I'm willing to bet that all of the flat-lying scrub brush was pitched into one lot and sold super cheap to Nevada. The only green spot along I-80 is Verdi and it's about half a mile from the California border. Oops! I'm sure the surveyor made a mistake when he was drawing the lines and meant to put Verdi in California... That or it's a consolation prize...
No comments:
Post a Comment