Monday, December 15, 2008

Tales from Kapadokya: Random Dolmuş Rides and Kay Maklı

Alright, my videos are pretty crappy for the most part. So forgive me... This is certainly no Oscar-winning work, but it'll help you kill time if you're absolutely stuck for other procrastination tasks.

First, some dolmuş rides in the Nevşehir area. I know these are less than thrilling, but that's why I take them. Here's Turkey in its mundane beauty.


~~~~~


~~~~~

Second, squeezing through Kay Maklı. I sound like such a tool in the middle video (especially while George and I argue over the correct pronunciation of "depot"). It's better when I keep my mouth shut and try not to talk about marauding Arab armies attacking the huddled underground masses... *sigh* Just mute your volume and try to see in the dark.



~~~~~



~~~~~


1 comment:

Will said...

How old were those caves?

You forgot to demonstrate the toilet for us.